Monday, February 23, 2009

Vanilla Chai Tea Latte

Who knew a vanilla chai tea latte from Starbucks is nearly 200 calories? I think I'll just stick to the herbal Vanilla Chai tea for 5 calories. Bummer though, because the lattes are delicious.

This weekend I saw that our Lord is truly Mighty to Save. I got to lead a DiscipleNow group of 6th grade girls at my roomate's church. Their hearts were precious and my co-leader and I had such wonderful times with them discussing how to get away from the NOISE of this life and truly focus on the Lord. Noise is coming into little lives sooner and sooner these days. All of the girls had cell phones, and a couple of the girls were nearly attached to them. Hence, a perfect example of noise that can fill our lives and take away our hearing the Lord's voice clearly.

I've been contemplating the noise in my life...and realize that at this time in my life I'm nearly never alone. Whether its classmates or friends or roomates...there are always people around! The greatest thing is to get away from all of the noise and people and simply be alone with the Lord. I want to be listening when He whispers.

I was absolutely overwhelmed this weekend by the Lord's goodness. Its somewhat of a long story, but after praying for years for the perfect college roomate, the Lord literally brought her to me...over facebook! We are now absolutely best friends and it was because of her that I got to be a leader at this DNOW. And because of that, I got to be with these precious girls who loved me unconditionally and reminded me of the sweet innocence of middle school. And because of that, and the Lord's absolute sovereignty I got to pray with a sweet little girl to accept Jesus Christ as her Savior on Saturday night. Singing "From the Inside Out" on Sunday morning, I just completely teared up with gratefulness to the Lord for directing every little step....that could have only been planned by Him.

He is SO good. And mighty to save.
He is drawing young and old hearts to Him at this very moment.
Be willing. He is looking for those who are willing to be used by Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment