Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Rainy Days

I honestly have never needed an umbrella like I did today. The rain at home falls straight, but here it falls sideways. I had to hold my umbrella at a 45 degree angle to keep the rain from my face. At this time I also realized what a terrible umbrella mine was. With the wind it was bending and wobbling. A sturdy, reliable umbrella purchase will probably be in my near future...

What do you do in your life when its raining? Not the sprinkly kind- but the deep, consuming rainfall of hurt, pain, and disappointment that floods weary souls. Rain can be refreshing, but storms can be devastating. There's a great MercyMe song, "Bring the Rain":

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain.

What a powerful prayer! When all around us is looking gray, trust in the Maker of the Sky and know that on the other side of the rain clouds, the sun is shining. My week has been "rainy" in more ways than one- but I am letting the Lord be my light. Two large disappointments, but God remains faithful.

Let His light fill your life today.

No comments:

Post a Comment