Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Time for Soup

As the weekend came, I started to feel under the weather and knew a day at home with lots of sleep and vitamins was what I needed. All Sunday afternoon, I wore sweats and made green tea with honey. Delicious. And I'm happy to report I'm feeling much better today.

One of my absolute favorite books is My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers. Its a book with 365 readings, so I haven't even finished it. But it is full of wisdom and solid truth. I am constantly rewriting quotes from it into my prayer journal. Like from a few days ago:
"In Psalm 139 the Psalmist implies- Thou art the God of the early mornings, the God of the late at nights, the God of the mountain peaks, and the God of the sea; but my God, my soul has further horizons than the early mornings, deeper darkness than the nights of earth, higher peaks than any mountain peaks, greater depths than any sea in nature- Thou who are the God of all these, be my God. I cannot reach to the heights or to the depths; there are motives I cannot trace, dreams I cannot get at- my God, search me out." (Oswald Chambers)

Such an intimate and honest prayer.

I'm listening right now to a song called "Desert Song" by Hillsong. Does anyone ever feel like you're traveling through a desert? Or experiencing a drought of sorts? In some areas, I think I'm right in the middle of my desert right now. But, God is faithful. The chorus of this song is powerful- "All of my life, in every season, You are still God and I have a reason to sing."

May your heart be filled with song today. You have a reason to sing. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment