Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Fresh Journal

There is something absolutely invigorating about a fresh journal. Today I received one from a sweet friend. New pages to fill, new thoughts to pen, and new lessons to learn. This blog- in a lot of ways- is a brand new journal. I cannot wait to see the way the Lord guides me through the duration of it.

My morning began with some delicious Tazo Awake Tea with French Vanilla Creamer (my substitute for coffee).

Yesterday I made a hard decision to stand up for what I believed in. It required me to confront an issue I didn't want to confront and a person I didn't want to confront. But, how rewarding it was to know I had completely stood my ground and not wavered. The Lord gave me the strength, even when I didn't think I had it inside of me. A wise friend told me yesterday, "Living this life the right way is hard, but living it wrong is oh-so-much harder". How brilliantly true. Walking the narrow path is sometimes lonely, at times unpleasant, and sometimes even friendless. But it is the RIGHT thing to do. We must continually submit ourselves to Christ's Lordship.

"I follow close to You; Your right hand holds on to me." Psalm 63:8
May your day be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment