Monday, February 9, 2009

Sleepytime Tea

Tonight our friend Will expressed his trouble falling asleep at night. My roomate promptly made him some Sleepytime Herbal Chamomille Tea with honey. I smiled as I thought of her and I meeting in the fall- and how she's since fallen in love with hot tea!

Strangely enough, in my desperation to not allow myself to be addicted to coffee, I have somehow become addicted to hot tea. But tea is so much healthier and fresh-tasting (though I do love some coffee every now and then).

This encouraged me this week: "Never allow a truth of God that is brought home to your soul to pass without acting on it, not necessarily physically, but in will. Record it, with ink or with blood." - My Utmost for His Highest from Nov. 4

That truth of seeing God move, recognizing and acknowledging His presence, then rejoicing for the whold world to see is so powerful. I think this is why I absolutely love journalling. I'm recording with ink all that I've seen God so masterfully do. And it strengthens my faith. I love rereading past journal entries- seeing prayers answered- seeing where I was in my walk with the Lord a year ago and from all that His presence is undeniable.

May you record with ink all that the Lord does for you. Record the happy and sad- because He's moving through it all.

*James 1:2-4*

No comments:

Post a Comment