Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Resurgence

Awesome website. Mark Driscoll from Mars Hill Church in Seattle oversees this great resource for evangelicals, The Resurgence. Its full of theology, interviews with greats like John Piper, Matt Chandler, etc. And besides the website, they have conferences, discussions on Facebook Fanpage Forums, and more. Check it out- it is very worth your time.

Amazing event coming to Dallas area called Come Worship Festival. A full day from 2 to 10pm. Schedule includes Kirk Cameron, Francis Chan, David Crowder Band, Chris Tomlin, and Sanctus Real.

Remember that phrase/song "Make new friends but keep the old ones, one is silver and the other gold"? I'm finding that to be true all the time. Making new friends is great and exciting and fun, but its those kindred spirits that have known your heart for years and years that have such influence in your life. I have recently been missing some dear friends of mine that don't live near me anymore. Its like a part of my heart is still with them, and I don't feel completely me until I'm with them. Hard to realize life is full of these moments, giving parts of our hearts away and knowing it may never come back.

The Lord is the only One who can completely fill us up, and I am convicted that I haven't been letting Him fill me daily as I ought. Through Him can we be filled and overflow to bless others. This year has been a blessing as far as having people pour into my life, but I cannot wait until next year to pour out into younger girls' lives.

Our God is Mighty to Save. Praise His Name with me today.
Blessings and Blue Skies-
mg

No comments:

Post a Comment