Monday, April 20, 2009

Jillian Edwards

A precious new singer I've recently been listening to. She came and played here a few weeks ago, and I was captured with her angelic voice and acoustic guitar. Listen to the top one called "Songbird".

I've been inspired recently to be practicing more piano and guitar. This week, I've gotten to play the piano for background music at a few things on campus recently. Thursday night I'm leading worship with some friends for a group that started last semester here. The more I play, the more I realize I need to play and practice more! Music is such a wonderful thing, and I find playing piano so relaxing and enjoyable.

Dozens of questions are flying through my head: what track to continue on with my English major, to pursue teaching or publishing or writing, what to do with my summers, etc. Lots to think about it. Through it all, Jesus Christ is the One steady constant. He has a plan. As I pursue Him and trust Him, He will reaveal His plan to me.

"Because of God's merciful compassion,
the Dawn from on high will visit us.
To shine on those who live in darkness and the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way
of peace."
-Luke 1:78-79

Christ is the Dawn from on High! Praise the Lord!
My goal this week: to run to Jesus. In the good and the bad. He's all we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment