Thursday, April 30, 2009

Answered Prayers

Exactly a week ago, I sat under a large oak tree and wrote my heart out. Things in life had been hectic, confusing, frustrating, and I simply wrote and wrote and wrote. My journaling usually just turns to prayers, and that's exactly what happened a week ago.
This morning I reread what I had written, and was completely in awe of the Lord answering my prayers. Even small, specific prayers- He completely took care of them this week! I had prayed for some sweet one-on-one time with some friends here, and I got to get coffee with one and dinner with another- no small feat with crazy college schedules and finals coming.

In high school, I had such a heart for my campus and prayed so consistently for God to do something BIG. Now, in college, surrounded by so so many people, I tend to get bogged down in all there is to do and not continually pray for the people He's brought into my life. I want that to change- starting today.

Here I am, seeing God answer prayers, and I'm not even praying about some pivotal points in my life that I should be. May we all get on our knees, keep our gaze on the Lord, and then get up and go out with the joy of the Lord as our strength.

He is listening.


Good book of the day: St. Augustine on the Psalms - written back in the 300-400s, these volumes have been translated and contain priceless insight. I highly encourage you to read them.


No comments:

Post a Comment