Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Home

I'm realizing more and more what a wonderful place home is. Of course, it is always special and comforting, but lately I am so refreshed by a good time at home. In college, the home-cooked meals, time with brothers and sisters, and good long talks with parents are rare. This Spring Break I had a really great time being home sweet home.

This morning in Matthew I read about the parable of the pearl. A man finds a pearl of great price and sells allllll he has to go purchase the pearl. Do we do that in our day-to-day life? Live as if we've recieved a pearl of great price and continually submit to the Lord? Give all our possessions to Him and treat the ones we have like they are His?

Back home, one of my best friends and I were talking about where we were in life and how our lives had both changed in the past year. We both realized that, though far away from each other, we were both exactly in the spot that the Lord wanted us. And we both agreed that spot was just the most wonderful in the whole world. If you're where the Lord wants you, and you feel that confirmed in your heart, it doesn't matter if the rains come or the storms rage, HE is in charge and has you in the palm of His hand.

I made a list this morning of things I was thankful for over the past week and a half....opportunities that had come, people that the Lord had blessed me with and let me see when I went home, special moments, and I was absolutely overwhelmed. It reminded me of James 1:17 "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

He's here with us...whether we're home or away. Near or far.
Seek Him with your entire heart....He is truly a pearl worth giving all we have for.

No comments:

Post a Comment